Current open positions
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I
North Davis Sewer District is accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I.
Job Description: Performs a variety of entry level technical and skilled duties related to the monitoring and operation of treatment plant equipment and systems to assure efficient processing of influent raw sewage. This is a rotating shift position. A complete job description may be downloaded from the Districtís website at ndsd.org.
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from senior high school; AND
- Two (2) years of general work experience, preferable in treatment plant operations; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
- Some knowledge of technical treatment plant equipment and machinery and its operation, maintenance, and repair; some knowledge of plant processes; some knowledge of hazards and precautions associated with plant operations and processes; some knowledge of laboratory procedures, and the chemical and physical process involved in wastewater treatment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing; ability to operate a variety of types of hand and power tools related to the maintenance of plant facilities and equipment; ability to develop working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
- Must possess or obtain within 18 months, a Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification Grade 1.
- Must possess a valid Utah State Driverís License, and a Class B CDL within 12 Months.
- Must be willing to work on call (24 hour), and be able to respond to plant site within 30 minutes for a call out after hours.
- Must be a member of the emergency response team.
If the job is offered, continued employment based on evaluation of mandatory drug testing and criminal background check.
Wage and Benefits: Starting wage is $17.88 per hour with health insurance, URS retirement, annual leave, and sick leave.
Application Submittal Requirements: Employment applications may be obtained from the District Website, or at the facility located at 4252 W. 2200 S., Syracuse, Utah 84075. Application may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mailing to North Davis Sewer District, ATTN: Hiring, 4252 W. 2200 S., Syracuse, Utah 84075, or by dropping off at the District office.
Due Date: Applications must be submitted and received by September 8, 2017 at 12:00pm (noon). Resumes and letters of reference, etc. are welcomed and may accompany the application. For questions contact Myron Bachman (801) 728-6830. email@example.com
**Do not fill out the application in a web browser, download the document and then open it in a program. Forms filled out in a browser do not always save the filled in text boxes. Please verify that the application is completed before submission. We can only consider applicants if we have their information. Thank you.**