annual meeting schedule
Meetings of the Board of Trustees will be held at the offices of the North Davis Sewer District (4252 West 2200 South, Syracuse, Utah) on the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Board Meeting Dates for 2020:
|January 9th||February 13th||March 12th|
|April 9th||May 14th||June 11th|
|July 9th||August 13th||September 10th|
|October 8th||November 12th||December 10th|
In accordance with State law, public notice and agendas for current and former meetings are available on the State of Utah's Public Meeting Notice Website.
current board meeting agenda and written determination
notice of meeting
and agenda of the
board of trustees of the north davis sewer district
Public Notice is hereby given that the Board of Trustees of the North Davis Sewer District will be in a regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Public meeting will be held electronically in accordance with the Written Determination signed on November 9, 2020:
Pursuant to Utah Code Ann. 52-4-207(4), We, the undersigned Board Chairman and District Manager of the North Davis Sewer District, hereby determine that conducting Board Meetings during the next 30 days at an anchor location presents a substantial risk to public health and safety of those present at the anchor location.
The electronic meeting will be held via Zoom. Individuals interested in listening to or electronically attending the meeting may do so by emailing the Clerk, Angela Lupcho, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on November 12, 2020 and a link will be provided.
A work meeting will also be held at 5:00 p.m. prior to the regularly scheduled board meeting.
Work Meeting Agenda:
- Review Preliminary 2021 Budget.
Board Meeting Agenda:
- Declaration of conflicts of interest.
- Approval of minutes of the meeting held October 8, 2020.
- Presentation of Fraud Risk Assessment 2020 - Angela Lupcho.
- Presentation and approval of Third Quarter 2020 Financial Report - Angela Lupcho.
- Presentation and approval of Preliminary 2021 Budget - Angela Lupcho.
- Set public hearing date for amending 2020 and adopting 2021 final budget for December 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
- Engineering and construction update, Collections System Pipe Rehabilitation Projects - Marianka Sochanska of Brown and Caldwell.
- Engineering and construction update, Plant Discharge Relocation - Jeff DenBleyker of Jacobs Engineering.
- Manager's Review.
- Chairman's Review.
Dated November 9, 2020
Board Chariman and District Manager
North Davis Sewer District
Pursuant to Utah Code Ann. 52-4-207(4) We, the undersigned Board Chairman and District Manager of the North Davis Sewer District, hereby determine that conducting Board Meetings during the next 30 days at an anchor location presents a substantial risk to public health and safety of those present at the anchor location.
This determination is based on the following:
- The Utah State Governor has declared a "State of Emergency" with Executive Order 2020-72 on November 8, 2020 due to rising COVID-19 case counts creating a shortage of hospital beds and on November 9, 2020 issued Executive Order 2020-73 issuing temporary statewide COVID-19 restrictions.
- The Davis County Health Department has given guidance encouraging social distancing and encouraging remote meetings in place of in-person meeting when possible.
- The World Health Organization and Center of Disease Control have acknowledged that COVID-19 is a global pandemic.
- The Utah Department of Health reported that the rate and number of reported COVID-19 cases are increasing, and Davis County has a very high 14-day Incidence count of greater than 325 and a high ICU utilization rate.
This written determination will expire in 30 days from the date it is signed.
The public may join the meeting electronically and provide public comment when appropriate by contacting the Board Clerk, Angela Lupcho, by 4:00 p.m. on the date of the Board Meeting to receive a link to the electronic meeting. This information will also be listed on the Agenda for the Board Meeting.
Dated November 9, 2020